Friday, May 27, 2011

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips by Tomato Mama


      Looking for a quick and easy dish for your memorial day weekend? Fruit salsa with cinnamon sugar pita chips is always a hit, plus it is quick and easy! I brought it to our church small group this past week. It was a great mid morning snack and I was really glad to have an excuse to make a big batch of it! I'm so glad that we are coming into the spring/summer produce time of the year. So delish!
      Thanks to a great coupon from Driscoll's I found online ( see, coupons are not just for junk!) this was a pretty affordable recipe as well. 

You will need...

strawberries
blackberries
kiwi
pita bread 
butter (melted)
ground cinnamon
sugar
squeeze of lemon or lime ( I prefer lime. I think it tastes better with the kiwi.)


        Cut up your pita bread into triangles and spread on a baking sheet. Make sure what used to be the "inside" of the pita bread is facing up. I find it holds the butter and cinnamon sugar better this way. Brush the pita triangles with melted butter. 

      Sprinkle with come cinnamon sugar. Bake in the oven. I tried 300 degrees and they crisped up nicely after about 10 minutes. Bonus, the house smelled amazing!



     Chop up the fruit into fairly small pieces. I'm sure there is probably a faster way to chop it, but spending time in the kitchen is my zen time so I did it the old fashioned way. 
     Mix the strawberries, kiwi, and squeeze of fresh lime juice before adding the blackberries. They are so fragile that they survive better if you leave them for last. 

      Scoop the fruit salsa with the pita chips and enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment