Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hamper redo by Tomato Mama

There is a winter wonderland outside my window right now! We have had plenty of snow here this winter and it's showing no sign of stopping. Needless to say, we have accumulated plenty of snow "stuff."

Last year I needed to find a solution that would house the hat/glove/mitten mountain by my back door. I searched Hobby Lobby to find something that would not break the bank and would look cute. I found this...



Photobucket

I liked the shape, but was not crazy about the bears. What this hamper really had going for it was the price. It was on clearance and I had a coupon for 50% off of that.

I set out to "cute it up." I took it apart and used the bears as a pattern for some cuter material. I sewed the new fabric and stitched on a felt mitten to finish it off.

Here is the after...
Photobucket

Our snow stuff now has a much cuter place to live and we do not miss the bears at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment