Monday, January 31, 2011

Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwich-Frugal Meal Idea by Tomato Mama

I love the taste of Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches at restaurants, but don't like to deal with the mess of frying a chicken breast to get the same result at home. I often get Franks Red Hot Sauce for free with coupons. ( A small bottle is .99 at my local Meijer. I use a .50 coupon that Meijer doubles and get it for free! ) and have quite a few on hand at any given time. One day when I was craving this particular sandwich, I tried this combination out and was quite satisfied with the results. It's one of my family's favorite meals and I love it because it's cheap, easy to prepare in the crock pot and is even better the next day as leftovers.

Photobucket

Ingredients
Franks Red Hot Sauce
fresh or frozen chicken breasts ( I use frozen)
hamburger buns
ranch or blue cheese dressing

Place chicken breasts into crockpot ( I make a large batch by using an entire bag of frozen chicken breasts at one time. No need to thaw.) Pour in Franks sauce. Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Shred the chicken with a fork. Pile on the bun or roll of your choice and top with ranch or blue cheese dressing. Yum!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment