Thursday, April 21, 2011

Peep Family Portrait by Tomato Mama


    Pickle and I were doing some Easter crafting yesterday and I decided to whip up some felt peeps! I had some very peep looking colors in my felt stash and I got a little carried away. ( Expect to see more in a future post. Some of them are gifts and I don't want to spoil the secret yet!)  Behold our family, peep style. I was excited to use the very Lucille Ball polka dot felt that I had been saving for "my" peep. I am a huge I Love Lucy fan so it's very appropriate. I tried to use peep colors for Tomato Papa and Pickle too.
      I had some peeps in the house for "research purposes" so I sort of free handed a shape similar to a peep on paper as my pattern. Then I used the blanked stitch to sew them up. See up close picture of process here
Felt Conversation Hearts.


    I dotted on some eyes and nose with fabric paint for a finishing touch!


No comments:

Post a Comment