Monday, February 7, 2011

Good Conversation by Tomato Mama



Love is in the air! Valentine's Day is a week away and I'm beginning to bedeck my house in pink, red and hearts! I know a lot of people do not like Valentine's Day. Some say that it is a holiday made up to sell more greeting cards and that it should not be necessary to have a holiday to remember the ones you love. I disagree. I love Valentine's Day. I have so much love in my life that I welcome a day to spoil the people that I love just a little bit more! On top of that, it's such a cute holiday.

Conversation hearts are a Valentine's  Day staple. I usually put out a bowl of the candy variety but this year I thought I would add to my V-Day decorations with a bowl of felt ones as well.  I love to sew with felt. I love the bright colors and patterns. I have a ton of it stashed in my craft room so I pulled out a variety of colors to make these little cuties out of .


I used a heart shaped cookie cutter as my pattern. Cut two for each conversation heart out of the felt. 


I like to choose a contrasting color of embroidery thread to stitch with and use a blanket stitch around the edges.  Stop before completely closing it so that you can stuff it with poly-fil.



Close and stitch on  "conversation heart" sayings on them. I'm not sure if I am going to hang them up or leave them in a bowl. I think that they will look pretty cute either way!

2 comments:

  1. They are so cute! Nice work, I'm impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Love it! I could see these being a big hint at a craft show . . . just an idea!

    ReplyDelete