Thursday, March 17, 2011

Rueben Quesadillas by Tomato Mama

   

      Happy St. Patrick's Day! Here is my spin on an "Irish" meal to celebrate the day. Tomato Papa and I are big fans of Reuben sandwiches, but one day I decided to put a twist on the recipe. It's easy, quick and satisfying. Easy, quick and satisfying are good when I'm trying to cook and look after Pickle who is always into something these days!

     I used corned beef lunch meat for this recipe since it's fairly flat. Thicker meat would make for an unwieldy quesadilla in my opinion. I start by slicing up the lunch meat.


  
    Pile on some sauerkraut and swiss cheese slices (shredded would be fine) on a tortilla. Cover with the other tortilla and bake on a cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.


     Use a pizza cutter to slice them up and use thousand island dressing as a dip. Tomato Papa and I have gone back and forth about putting the thousand island dressing in the quesadilla, but we prefer to dip them. Enjoy with some green beer!



No comments:

Post a Comment