Friday, February 25, 2011

Alphabet Energy Burner! by Tomato Mama



How do 3 year olds have so much energy? Mine never stops moving. He at such a busy, interesting, curious age and I love it! I feel so bad for him when we are stuck inside and I'm always looking for ways to help him burn off some of that energy. This morning alone we had a pillow fight, played hide and seek, and chased each other around in the snow. After all of this, he was still full of energy so I decided it was time for the ABC game.

I cleared some space on the rug and spread around some stuffed ABC's I made a little while back. Then I called out different instructions that Pickle could act out.

Put your head on an H...


Run in circles around the K...


Put one foot on the D...


The possibilities are endless. Some other favorites are...

-Run as fast as you can to...
-Go do a dance on...
-Put one finger on...
-Shake your booty next to...(Wish I could have gotten a good shot of this one, it's hilarious!)
-Put your ear on...
-Go sing a song to...
-Go Tickle...

You get the idea. In nicer weather we draw the letters on the driveway and do this activity there. If you don't have stuffed letters you can always put down pieces of paper with letters drawn on them. This idea is not only great for running off steam, but it is an opportunity to work on letters, shapes, colors, body parts, you name it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment