Monday, February 14, 2011

Best Brownies Ever by Duck Momma

Happy Valentine's Day! In case your day was not sweet enough, or perhaps it is and a little extra chocolate never hurt anyone, I thought I would share my mom's brownie recipe (since I already spilled on the fudge frosting of course)

Here's what you need:
  • 1 c butter
  • 2 c sugar
  • 2 tbs vanilla
  • 3/4 c cocoa powder
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 c flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
(I didn't say they were the healthiest brownies ever. You ever bite into a vitamin? ok back to brownies and sweet mental health *wink*)

Melt butter in a pan. Remove from heat and add sugar and eggs one at a time. Mix in Vanilla, cocoa, and then carefully add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix it well.
Spread into a greased 9x13 in pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Enjoy!
*WARNING* you will not want to share these, however I highly recommend you do, for a number of reasons;
  • whoever you share with will undoubtedly love you (and it is Valentine's Day)
  • there is a cup of butter and 4 eggs in here, so unless you have a date with your cardiologist or gym trainer. . . Although they need love too
  • if you feel you do not want to share, as I often do, then forget what I said in the previous warning entry and grab a fork!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment